Brad Konyn is the manager of the Shop in Bock Laboratories, B101. He coordinates general building repairs and repairs of existing instruments. Certain equipment is under service contract—Brad will coordinate with the service provider when necessary.
- An emergency telephone number is listed outside all Lab doors, (608) 262-8001. Brad is the primary contact for after-hours building emergencies and will answer this number. All emergency and safety issues need to be reported to the Shop.
- Brad is the contact for safety issues and questions. Some examples are emergency evacuations, radiation, biohazards, and chemical spills or removal.
- Decontaminate and/or clean any equipment you want serviced by the Shop or IT before asking us to work on it. This includes returning items through the Storeroom.
- Many visitors and non-lab savvy people come though your building each day. They do not know what you are working with. Please do not leave your lab area or use the elevators without first removing your gloves.
Room B209 will no longer be used as a SWAP drop off location for building equipment and IT items
We’ll come pick it up for you! Start a SWAP request by submitting a ticket to the Shop Help Desk (for lab equipment or office furniture) or the IT Help Desk (for IT-related equipment). We’ll coordinate with the labs to assess and remove items. Thank you for helping us make the SWAP process smooth and simple.
- Brad is responsible for machining, woodworking, plumbing, electromechanical, electronics, and general maintenance. If you have a question about the building, about equipment recommendations, about equipment repairs, etc. please check with Brad.
- The Shop does not charge for labor—it does charge for the material used to meet your requests, such as parts for a broken instrument.
- Emergency -80 and -20 freezer space is available in room B202. This is not lab overflow space. You should not have material in these freezers unless your freezer is being repaired. Once your freezer is back please remove ALL of your materials from the back-up freezers. When using any of the backup freezers please record what materials you have stored with the location on the material log sheet.