Do you need help with a building-related issue? Submit a ticket using the Building Help Desk or by sending an email to email@example.com
Brad Konyn is the Building Manager for Bock Laboratories, B101. He coordinates general building repairs and repairs of existing instruments. Certain equipment is under service contract—Brad will coordinate with the service provider when necessary.
CALL 911 IN ALL EMERGENCIES
AN EMERGENCY IS AN IMMEDIATE THREAT TO HEALTH, LIFE AND/OR PROPERTY THAT REQUIRES AN IMMEDIATE RESPONSE.
UHS 24-hour Crisis Support (608) 265-5600
UWPD Non-Emergency (608) 264-2677
Brad Konyn, Building Manager, room B101: firstname.lastname@example.org, (608) 262-4892
Business-hours Urgent Issues: (608) 262-8001
After-hours Urgent Issues: Physical Plant (608) 263-3333 or UWPD (608) 264-2677
Chris Gradel has completed the campus radiation and biohazards courses, and manages radiation dosimeter availability and distribution. General issues include:
- Designating a lab manager or contact person in each lab for any building and/or safety issues.
- Reminding personnel to remove gloves when leaving the lab premises, biohazard bag storage and decontamination of computers and other lab equipment before asking for repairs.
Creating a Safe and Secure Campus
Everyone can play a role in safety, security and emergency preparedness at UW–Madison.
Learn your part by exploring information on crime prevention, campus resources and emergency procedures. Together, we can enhance the safety and security of everyone who visits, studies or works at the university.
Environment, Health & Safety (608) 265-5000
Dean of Students Office (608) 263-5700
Employee Assistance Office (608) 263-2987
Room B209 will no longer be used as a SWAP drop off location for building equipment and IT items
We’ll come pick it up for you! Start a SWAP request by submitting a ticket to the Building Help Desk (for lab equipment or office furniture) or the IT Help Desk (for IT-related equipment). We’ll coordinate with the labs to assess and remove items. Thank you for helping us make the SWAP process smooth and simple.
- Brad is responsible for machining, woodworking, plumbing, electromechanical, electronics, and general maintenance. If you have a question about the building, about equipment recommendations, about equipment repairs, etc. please check with Brad.
- The Shop does not charge for labor—it does charge for the material used to meet your requests, such as parts for a broken instrument.
- Emergency -80 and -20 freezer space is available in room B202. This is not lab overflow space. You should not have material in these freezers unless your freezer is being repaired. Once your freezer is back please remove ALL of your materials from the back-up freezers. When using any of the backup freezers please record what materials you have stored with the location on the material log sheet.